We make our cities more liveable. By moving the experience of commuting to a higher level.
Mileus guarantees that every day, you can get home from work comfortably and easily – with an automated combination of public transport and a taxi dropping you off right at your door.
We create new, sustainable possibilities for comfortable commuting in large cities. Building a technological platform that innovates urban mobility and motivating residents to leave their cars at home.
We’re assembling a Research & Development Engineering team consisting of people experienced or interested in mathematical modelling, agent-based simulations and/or resource allocation optimization techniques coupled with data engineering and some degree of software development (Java / Python / R).
Are you a scientist with a computer science or mathematics research background? Are you close to some of the areas outlined above and would like to become an expert in any of them? And do you want to work on a meaningful project that will impact our daily life? Then keep on reading!
Curious to see Mileus in action? Watch below.
We’re building Mileus Analytics, a suite of modeling tools that will help transportation service providers to implement intermodal and integrated mass transportation services on micro-region (i.e. residential area) level basis.
Mileus Analytics answers 4 core business questions:
How to? (…set up the service? – i.e. what feeding corridors, how many cars/drivers/seats, or at what times)
How much? (…will the capital expenditures/investment need to be until hitting the break-even point?)
How long? (…will it take to reach the break-even point and what are the operational parameters to reach it?)
What’s the ROI? (…of such an investment?)
This involves quantifying clusters of residential areas and creating resource allocation models for a bound residential cluster based on:
- a population’s transportation behaviour,
- models of market penetration (customer acquisition and engagement growths) based on sell-side pricing models,
- models of drivers’ behaviour based on resource cost and purchase side incentivisation pricing models,
- and more – simply put, it will be a challenging ride!
As an R&D Engineer, you will conceptualise, build, test and calibrate Mileus Analytics models. You will also be a hands-on developer implementing such models and helping the development team in integrating such models into Mileus Analytics suite of tools.
As part of the Software Engineering team at Mileus, you will get your feet wet with cutting edge technologies and techniques, developing a product that will help decrease the number of private cars in the streets and so make our cities more liveable.
More about you:
- You’re not afraid of mathematics, experimentation and building fast feasibility PoCs.
- Apart from bringing strong experience in core algorithmic programming, you also have an ability to adapt your knowledge and gain new capabilities across technological space, either mature or cutting edge.
- You have drive and are hungry to learn new things.
OUR MILEUS DNA.
- Open company culture, freedom & trust | We don’t do office politics and we’re as transparent and open as one can be. We’re not “Jacks of all trades”, yet you won’t hear “that’s not my job”, either. Instead of hierarchy, we focus on what drives results – cross-functional cooperation between Product and Business. There’s one big risk, though – you may never want to return to a corporate job.
- Intensive learning & growth | Experimenting, failing and learning. The work is diverse and the technological complexity is an exciting challenge. You’ll be learning and growing fast – guaranteed.
- True startup experience & impact | We’re a young, growing startup where every day is a new adventure and everyone can have a huge impact on the value we create – on how urban mobility will work in our cities.
- Flexible work time | We are very flexible in terms of working hours as well as home-office work to adapt to everybody’s needs.
- Option to co-own the company | We have an ESOP Plan (Employee Stock Option Plan) in place to let our team co-own Mileus. You can have a share in the success and value we create.
We help make our cities more liveable. And we find purpose and great excitement in doing so.
If making an impact is what you are looking for, this is the place to be. Apply below and let’s get to know each other!